The main migration policy instruments in Norway:
Non-exhaustive list of key policy documents in the area of migration:
National policies and legislation:
Ratified international treaties:
- 1953/1967: ratification of the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol.
- 2003: ratification of the 2000 Protocols on Trafficking in Persons and Smuggling of Migrants.
The main ministries in charge of migration affairs in Norway:
- Ministry of Justice and Public Security: Together with its subordinate authorities it is the main body dealing with migration affairs, including immigration (entry, residence); asylum; border management.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: consular and visa affairs; foreign policy aspects of migration and development; development cooperation with countries of origin and transit of migration.
- Ministry of Education and Research: integration policy.
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs: labour migration and mobility.
Last update: December 2018