The main migration policy instruments in Guinea:
Non-exhaustive list of key policy documents in the area of migration:
- 1965/1968: Ratification of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol.
- 1972: Ratification of the 1969 AU Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa.
- 1979: ECOWAS Protocols on the Free Movement of Persons, Right of Residence and Establishment (1979, 1985, 1986, 1989, 1990)
- 1994: Law L/94/019/CTRN on the conditions of entry and residence of foreigners in the Republic of Guinea.
- 2000: Ratification of the 1990 International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families.
- 2004: Ratification of the 2000 Trafficking in Persons Protocol.
- 2005: Ratification of the 2000 Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants.
The main ministries in charge of migration affairs:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Guineas Abroad: is in charge of relations with the diaspora and the protection of nationals abroad
- Ministry of Security and Civil Protection: is in charge of immigration management and the fight against trafficking in human beings.
Last updated: September 2018