The main migration policy instruments in equatorial Guinea:
Non-exhaustive list of key policy documents in the area of migration:
- 1977: CEMAC - Act No. 18/77-UDEAC-70 of 21 December 1977 on equal treatment of all nationals of a State of the Union working in the same State of the Union.
- 1986: Ratification of the 1969 AU Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa.
- 2003: Ratification of the 2000 Trafficking in Persons Protocol.
- 2004: Law on the Smuggling of Migrants and Trafficking in Persons of 4 September 2004.
- 2008: CEMAC - Regulation n°01/08-UEAC-042-CM-17 of 20 June 2008 on the institution and conditions for the management and issuance of the CEMAC passport.
- 2010: Organic Law No. 3/2010 of 30 May 2010 on the law on foreigners and Decree No. 121/2011 of 5 September 2011.
- 2011: Law no. 3/2011 of 14 July 2011 regulating Equatorial Guinean nationality.
- 2012: Basic Law of Equatorial Guinea, 16 February 2012.
The main ministries in charge of migration affairs:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation
Last updated: September 2018