The main policy instruments on migration
Non-exhaustive list of key policy documents on migration:
- 1962/1967: Ratification of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol.
- 1964: law n°64/13 of 6 May 1964, setting the conditions for the admission of foreign travellers to the Central African Republic.
- 1970: Ratification of the 1969 AU Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa.
- 2006: Ratification of the Trafficking in Persons Protocol and the 2000 Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants.
- 2007: National Refugee Policy and its Decree No. 09/001 of 6 January 2009 on the organization and functioning of the bodies implementing the national refugee policy, 6 January 2009.
- 2010: Act No. 10/001 on the Central African Penal Code (articles 151 and 262 criminalize trafficking in human beings).
The main ministries in charge of migration affairs:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Integration and Central Africans Abroad: it is in charge of relations with the Central African Diaspora.
- Minister of the Interior, Public Security and Territorial Administration: it is in charge of emigration/immigration and the control of foreigners.
- Ministry of Economy, Planning and Cooperation: focal point on migration.
- Ministry of Justice, Human Rights, Keeper of the Seals: it is in charge of the problems of trafficking in human beings.
Last updated: November 2018