Country code: TD
NFP: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Integration, International Cooperation and the Diaspora
The main policy instruments on migration
Non-exhaustive list of key policy documents on migration:
- 1962: Ordinance No. 33/PG-INT. of 14 August 1962 on the Chadian Nationality Code.
- 1981: Ratification of the 1969 AU Convention Governing the Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa.
- 1981: Ratification of the 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol.
- 2009: Ratification of the 2000 Trafficking in Persons Protocol.
- 2005: the Constitution of 31 March 1996, revised on 15 July 2005 (provisions on equal treatment between citizens and foreigners; freedom of movement of Chadian citizens; right of asylum).
- 2011: Decree No. 11-839/PR/PM/MAT/11 of 2 August 2011 on the establishment, organization and powers of the National Commission for the Reception, Reintegration of Refugees and Returnees (CNARR).
- 2013: Law No. 008/PR/2013 of 10 May 2013 on the Civil State in the Republic of Chad.
The main ministries in charge of migration affairs
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Integration, International Cooperation and the Diaspora: is the focal point for international cooperation on migration issues; is in charge of relations with the Chadian diaspora.
- Ministry of Territorial Administration, Public Security and Local Governance: coordinates the work of CNARR; is in charge of civil status issues (DAPEC).
Last updated: November 2018