The main migration policy instruments in Latvia:
Non-exhaustive list of key policy documents in the area of migration:
The main ministries in charge of migration affairs:
- Ministry of Interior: Together with its subordinate authorities it is the main body dealing with migration affairs, namely immigration (entry, residence); the reception of asylum seekers and the asylum procedure; border management and irregular migration; return and readmission.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: in charge of visa and consular affairs; relations with third countries; development cooperation with countries of origin and transit of migration.
- Ministry of Culture: in charge of socio-economic integration.
- Ministry of Welfare: in charge of access to the labour market, social security, children's and family rights.
- Ministry of Education and Science: in charge of access to education.
- Ministry of Health: in charge of public health policy, access to health care.
Last update: December 2018