Thematic meeting held on 5-6 November 2013 in Madrid, Spain.
Partner countries met to exchange and strengthen regional synergies on border management in order to address the challenges of porous borders and lack of operational cooperation at both inter-agency and international level, which compromise regional integration efforts and free movement at the regional level.
- Agenda and concept note
- Summary of debates and conclusions
- Background document and support project activity report
Consult and download presentations
- Presentation by ICMPD on integrated border management national strategy development
- Presentation by ECOWAS on the current status of border management in the ECOWAS region
- Presentation by Morocco on regional cooperation on border management
- Presentation by Cabo Verde on border management
- Presentation by Spain on border management
- Presentation by FRONTEX on the Africa intelligence community (AFIC)
- Presentation by France on traditional difficulties and new challenges in border management in the Rabat Process region
- Presentation by Spain on the role of border management in the fight against migrant smuggling
- Presentation by Burkina Faso on cross border crime and border management in a cross border communities context